Well, do you also see these bright orange pumpkins everywhere now? How beautiful! So we immediately had to come up with a vegan pumpkin sandwich. This is prepared super fast, easy and still tastes wonderful like autumn.
For the pumpkin sandwich we use hokkaido. You can get it almost everywhere, at least here in Germany. You can also eat the skin. That means less work. We like. You probably also do. We cut the pumpkin into thin slices, pull them through oil and a few spices and finally cook the pumpkin for 20 minutes in the oven. Easy peasy.
The baked Hokkaido is paired with two other very autumnal ingredients, lamb’s lettuce and lingonberry jam. Vegan cream cheese and dried tomatoes complete the sandwich pleasure. Yes, so fast and easy can a special, delicious and of course vegan sandwich be prepared. Have a try!
Vegan Pumpkin Sandwich
- sandwich bread, e.g. ciabatta
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 2 hand lamb's lettuce
- 2 heaped tsp lingonberry jam
- 4 dried tomatoes in oil
- salt + pepper
- 300 g hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme, dried
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Remove the core of the hokkaido pumpkin and cut the rest into approximately 1 cm thick slices. Combine the olive oil with paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix the pumpkin with the oil and bake it in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Slice the sandwich bread and also bake in the oven for a few minutes. Meanwhile, cut the dried tomatoes into strips.
- Spread the bottom half of the bread with cream cheese and top with lamb's lettuce, dried tomatoes and the pumpkin slices. Season everything with a pinch of salt and pepper. Brush the top half of the bread with the lingonberry jam, place on top and ready is the meal.
Leave a Reply