Hello, sweet asparagus season. Of course the classic asparagus with vegan hollandaise sauce and some potatoes will be on our plates at least one time in the next couple of weeks. But we also love trying new things. And so the idea arose that white asparagus could also be packed as a topping on tarte flambee. Ideally cut into small pieces so that you don’t have to cook it beforehand. Easy peasy. So here is our vegan asparagus tarte flambée with rocket.
For the tarte flambé we use a super simple and quick dough without any yeast. Perfect in times of corona, hoarding an panic-buying. 😉 Of course, you can also make a more complex pizza dough or use store-bought dough instead. It’s only important that you roll out the dough thinly so that it becomes really crispy.
As a topping we first mix vegan sour cream from 3 ingredients (plus salt). In addition to the asparagus already mentioned, red onion slices, rocket and pine nuts are added to the tarte flambée. That’s actually it. So, what are you waiting for?
You are craving for more tarte flambée? Then take a look at these 3 quick tarte flambée versions.
Vegan Asparagus Tarte Flambée with Rocket
- 200 g whole wheat flour
- 100 g wheat flour
- 200 ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, e.g. canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
VEGAN SOUR CREAM
- 250 g soya yogurt
- 75 ml vegan cream
- 2 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250 g white asparagus
- 40 g rocket
- 15 g pine nuts
- 1 red onion
- olive oil
- Mix the ingredients for the dough in a bowl and knead well. Cover the dough and let it rest covered until the other things are prepared. Preheat the oven (with a baking sheet in it) to a full whack with top and bottom heat.
- Mix the ingredients for the vegan sour cream.
- Peel the asparagus for the topping and cut diagonally into 1/2 cm slices. Halve the red onion and cut into fine slices. Roast the pine nuts in a pan without addition of any oil.
- Divide the dough into three balls and roll each one out thinly on a baking parchment with the help of some flour. Spread the vegan sour cream on the dough and top with asparagus and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle some olive oil over it and bake until crispy in the oven for about 9 minutes. Serve sprinkled with pine nuts and rocket.
Leave a Reply