Let’s celebrate spring! Today’s recipe goes out to all asparagus lovers and of course to all those who want to become one. For our vegan asparagus pasta casserole, we combine both green and white asparagus with farfalle pasta, vegan ham cubes and a creamy cream sauce. Few ingredients, full of flavour. The tart freshness of lemon juice gives the otherwise rather hearty casserole the necessary lightness and spring freshness, so that it can provide pure enjoyment on grey days as well as on (early) summer sunny days.
Vegan Asparagus and Noodle Casserole
- 400 g pasta, e.g. farfalle
- 300 g white asparagus
- 300 g green asparagus
- 90 g vegan ham cubes, alternatively smoked tofu
- 400 ml vegan cream
- 1/2 lemon
- 175 g vegan grated cheese
- salt + pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the white asparagus. Remove the woody ends from both types of asparagus and cut the rest into approx. 5 cm pieces.
- Instructions for pasta with 12 minutes cooking time: Put the pasta into boiling salted water at the same time as the white asparagus. After 8 minutes, add the green asparagus. Cook for another 4 minutes, then drain.
- Fry the ham cubes in a little vegetable oil in a pan. Deglaze with cream and lemon juice, remove from the heat and season well with salt and pepper.
- Fill a casserole dish or baking sheet with pasta and asparagus. Add the cream sauce and cover everything with grated cheese. Bake in the oven preheated to 200 degrees Celsius for approx. 25 minutes.
Song of the recipe:
I only got to know the French disco band L’Impératrice at Tempelhof Sounds in 2022, but I immediately fell in love with their music and great live show. The song perfectly fits the springtime recipe.
(Would you like to listen to all the songs for the recipe? Find them collected in one playlist here)