Quick, simple cuisine. We all love it. And especially now in Veganuary, it is more in demand than ever. Because anyone who is venturing into a complete or at least almost complete vegan diet for the first time needs one thing above all: delicious recipes for every day. And our pasta with vegan spinach cream sauce today falls precisely into this category. Few ingredients, very easy to prepare and still lots of flavour.
Instead of fresh spinach, you can also use frozen spinach leaves. It is best to defrost it first and squeeze out any excess liquid. This way, the cream sauce does not get watered down unnecessarily.
Pasta with Vegan Spinach Cream Sauce
- 250 g pasta
- 200 g spinach, fresh
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch nutmeg, ground
- 200 ml vegan cream
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- cashew Parmesan, optional for serving
- Finely dice the garlic and onion. Sweat in a large frying pan with a good glug of olive oil over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until combined. Pour in the cream and simmer for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the packet in enough boiling salted water. When draining, collect some of the cooking water and stir into the sauce.
- Season the cream sauce with yeast flakes, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix with the pasta and serve immediately. Sprinkle with some cashew parmesan or nutritional yeast flakes if you like.
Song of the recipe:
For many, January is a time for a fresh start: Millie Turner also sings beautifully about this: “Take me to January, wanna be renewed, wanna break the view”.
(Would you like to listen to all the songs for the recipe? Find them collected in one playlist here)