Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll, loved sandwiches with peanut butter, banana and sometimes bacon. Even if that combination sounds strange to you at first, you should give it a go. It just works perfectly. The basic version of a peanut butter banana sandwich with just peanut butter and banana is my go to snack since a couple of years. I love them for breakfast, I love them for lunch, I love them for dinner and I love them in between. Just like Elvis did.
Ingredients (2 sandwiches, 0,60 € each)
- 4 slices sandwich toast
- 1 banana
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- optional: 100 g smoked tofu
- vegetable oil
1. If you want tofu bacon on your “Elvis”, slice the tofu as thinly as possible. Fry in a pan with vegetable oil from both sides until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
2. Thinly slice the banana. Spread the peanut butter on all 4 slices of sandwich toast. Top with banana slices and tofu bacon (optional).
3. Fry the sandwiches in a pan with vegetable oil over medium heat from both sides until golden brown. That’s it! Enjoy your peanut butter banana sandwich!